Life in Japan - Month Two

September 15, 2018

Okayyyyy I found another old post in my drafts and am just going to post it even though it is really late...

Wow, okay I've been failing in blogging. It's been over a month since my last post, but guess what? It has been about two months since moving to Japan! You could say I've become very comfortable in my small town. I've actually found a new hobby to keep me busy during most of my free time. Of course it is arts and craft - specifically resin crafts. I'll make another post on that later.


In the meantime, I'll go over what happened since my last post. My friend from Hawaii had visited me in Yamanashi! I also went to Tokyo with her, Nicole, and Morgan during the first part of Golden Week (April 27-30) then returned back to Tokyo with Nicole for the second part of Golden Week (May 2-6). I will definitely write a post on that because we visited some beautiful places during our little vacation getaway.

I had another Hawaii friend visit me two weeks ago. It is crazy how small this world can be. I found out that this friend I met in Hawaii is from Yamanashi as well, not to mention her hometown is a 15-min drive from where I am living! I was so blessed to see so many familiar faces this month. AND it does not end! I'll also be going to Tokyo this weekend to meet more of my Hawaii friends, for a third time this month!


Changes since last month:

  • Cooking - Lately, I've been pretty lazy and frugal in my cooking. I've also been snacking A LOT. My diet is going downhill.... I've never snacked in Hawaii, but my oh my, I've been snacking 24/7 in Japan. And I don't blame me because Japan has the best snacks ever. I'm also trying to be healthy, cheap, (but honestly just lazy) and eating a lot of rice, eggs, and natto. I eat about half a cup of rice, two eggs, and a pack of shiso natto for dinner. For less than ¥100, I can get 3-packs of natto. For about ¥250, I can get a carton of 10 eggs. I guess a lot of it has to do with all the money I spent during Golden Week, and me binge-watching Friends on Netflix. 
  • Weather - Summer is definitely around the corner. Our school does not use the air conditioner until summer to save electricity. I am starting to regret not bringing ANY shorts from Hawaii because I am going to need it soon. I usually prefer the hot weather, and sorry, but it is not pleasant to sweat in my classes. I guess it's not too bad yet, just means that summer vacation is coming up in a few months!
  • Budget - As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to cut down on my groceries expenses due to "treating myself" during Golden Week. AND I am thrilled to say that I just got my first paycheck last week!! I also FINALLY calculated my expenses since I have moved here. I'm not too sure what to think of my expenses, since it is the first time that I ever moved anywhere, AND I also took 3 trips to Tokyo since I've been here (four after this weekend). Yes, I will make a breakdown of my budget in a separate post. 

You Might Also Like

0 ♡