International Driving Permit (IDP) Process

March 07, 2018

While my Interac assignment may not require me to drive, I have decided that it may be a good idea to apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP) just in case (emergencies or road trips haha). The process is very quick and simple. This can be done in one visit if you have everything.

Applicant qualifications: 
  • Eighteen years or older
  • Hold a Valid U.S.A. or Territorial Driver’s License
Permit Restrictions:
  • Valid for One Year
  • Valid only in conjunction with a current driver’s license
    IMPORTANT NOTE: VALID U.S.A. OR TERRITORIAL LICENSE MUST BE CARRIED WITH THE PERMIT AT ALL TIMES
  • Not valid for driving in the United States
  • Must be effective within 6 months of application date
  • Does not give driving privileges
What you will need to provide:
  • Download and fill out application
  • Two identical passport photos (2" x 2") signed on back
  • A valid U.S. driver's license
  • Pay $20 permit fee (cash and card accepted)
Bring items to your nearest AAA branch office or you may mail these items as well. If mailing, a photocopy of your driver's license (front & back). The application has a section at the bottom where you can print your return address. 

The effective date can be within 6 months of the application date which is good. I kind of wished that I put my permit effective date at a later time in case I will need a car to move when my one year contract is up. 


You Might Also Like

0 ♡